Monday, July 4, 2011

Insert Title Card Here

Since I was a child, I have expressed an interest in cartoons. I know this isn't uncanny; most children love cartoons, but for most people, cartoons are a phase. Kids like bright colors and stories about other kids, and once they move on into their awkward preteen years it becomes kind of weird to like cartoons, and most people move on to other things: shows on MTV, VH1, you get the gist. I never went through this phase. In fact, I still to this day watch cartoons (and I am a 20 year old art student who goes to school...I have a LIFE, to dismiss any doubts) and I have a really good memory and attention to details when it comes to watching cartoons, to the point that I often tell people jokingly that "I have a PHD in cartoons" (hence the title of this blog). It was last night that I was watching Hey Arnold!, a childhood favorite of mine, and most of my generation, when I realized that perhaps it would be a good idea to put my money where my mouth is and actually WRITE  a thing or two about cartoons, to justify this self-granted PHD. This is a blog aimed at people who are like-minded to myself, and see cartoons as more than just child fodder that is quickly forgotten.

I have never really blogged before,  and it's hard to think of something fun to write about for my very first post,. The most I can do is outline my intentions for this blog, in hopes that people out there discover this post, and decide:
"Golly gee! I love cartoons! This blog sounds swell!" Not that people actually talk that way anymore (or ever for that matter). At any rate, my intent is to explore both old and new cartoons, discussing certain clever elements (or not so clever elements), art styles, music, writing, trends in cartoons, and I may even review some newer cartoons, all the while being as witty and humorous as I can manage. I intend to update this blog every week, and if anybody who happens upon this has any ideas for articles, I'd really love to hear them.

After all, I will always be open and accepting to fellow lovers of cartoons.

No comments:

Post a Comment